The Utah fishing regulations have a single set of general limits and special options for some of the specific waterways. The youth and disabled veterans fees are lowered and the price does not shift between residents and non-residents.Buy a License
Utah Fishing License Costs
|Angling License Fees||Resident||Nonresident|
|Annual Fishing (age 12-13)||$5.00||$5.00|
|Annual Fishing (age 14-17)||$16.00||$25.00|
|Annual Fishing (age 18+)||$34.00||$75.00|
|Annual Fishing (age 65+)||$25.00||NA|
|Annual Fishing – Disabled Veteran||$12.00||$12.00|
|3 Day Fishing||$16.00||$24.00|
|7 Day Fishing||$20.00||$40.00|
|Wyoming Flaming Gorge Reciprocal Permit||$10.00||NA|
|Arizona Lake Powell Reciprocal Permit||$8.00||NA|
Free Fishing Day Utah Code:
The one day you don’t need a license to fish in Utah is Saturday, June 11, 2016, which is Free Fishing Day. Everyone in Utah can fish for free that day, but please remember that all of the state’s other fishing laws and rules still apply.
Under 12 years of age:
If you’re under 12 years of age, you do not need a fishing license to fish in Utah. You can fish without a license, use two poles and take a full daily limit.
12 years of age and older:
If you’re 12 years of age or older, you must purchase a fishing license or a combination license to fish in Utah. You can choose from a variety of licenses:
- Three-day fishing licenses allow you to fish for three consecutive days.
- Seven-day fishing licenses allow you to fish for seven consecutive days.
- 365-day fishing licenses allow you to fish for 365 consecutive days, including the day you buy the license.
- Multi-year fishing licenses allow you to fish for up to five years.
- 365-day combination licenses allow you to fish, hunt small game and apply for hunting permits.
- Multi-year combination licenses allow you to fish, hunt small game and apply for hunting permits for up to five years.
Utah General Fishing Limits:
See below for exceptions.
|Trout (includes salmon, grayling and hybrids, no more than 2 can be lake trout)||4|
|Bluegill and Green Sunfish||50|
|Kokanee Salmon (may not possess from Sept. 10 to Nov. 30)||4|
|Tiger muskellunge||1 over 40 inches|
|Striped Bass||No limit|
|Walleye||10, only 1 over 24 inches|
|White Bass||No Limit|